We’re Not Your Average Mold Guys. We specialize in mold remediation, water damage rebuild, renovation and odor removal. We are INSURED, CERTIFIED and at your service.
A basement project we did this past summer. The whole basement was flooded and mold was surrounding the entire perimeter. We eradicated the mold, removed and replaced drywall, taped and mudded for the Brown family.
All of our employees are certified mold remediation removal experts and have over 5+ years of professional experience.
A certified remediator will perform an inspection and provide an estimate to our customer free of charge. Then, the customer will provide a down payment and appointment will be scheduled. Once the job is finished customer will pay remaining balance after final walk through and inspection.
Mold can start to grow in areas damaged by floods in as few as 24 hours, but it can also take weeks to develop. Labs usually let mold grow for between 48 and 72 hours under ideal conditions before testing. Some materials such as carpeting are known for growing mold quickly. For this reason, it’s important to dry out the area and remediate mold growth quickly.
Mold eats away at the surfaces it lives on, so the damage it causes can be extensive. In the worst-case scenarios, it can cause structural damage and make a home uninhabitable due to health risks. On a lesser scale, it can ruin ventilation systems, drywall, carpeting, furniture and possessions such as books and clothing.
Black molds are from the species Stachybotrys chartarum and can usually be found growing on and consuming materials made from the cell walls of green plants, such as wood and cardboard. They are particularly common in materials that have undergone water damage. These molds aren’t themselves toxic but can produce more mycotoxins than most other types of mold. In the past, black mold was thought to cause pulmonary hemorrhage and death in infants, but that link has since been disproven by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
For unhealthy people or those sensitive to it, indoor mold can cause: Stuffiness,Itchiness, Runny noses, Wheezing, Fever, Shortness of breath, Eye irritation, Watery eyes, Fatigue, Depression, Asthma attacks, Chronic sinus infections and Fungal infections if mycotoxins are present.
One of the first signs of a mold problem is a characteristic musty odor. It’s like the smell of a library full of old books, but can be more noxious. However, some molds do not give off odors. Mold growth can also be detected with the naked eye, but can easily be mistaken for dirt. You may also find out about mold if you have otherwise unexplained health and respiratory problems. If you find mold in your home or business, you can perform tests that can be purchased at the hardware store. However, these may not be 100 percent reliable. If the problem is serious, professional mold testers and remediation contractors can run a series of tests to precisely identify the size and scope of the problem. How dangerous is mold? Most molds aren’t dangerous to humans, but the U.S. Centers for Disease Control reports that there is sufficient evidence to link indoor mold exposure to respiratory problems among generally healthy people. Extended periods of exposure to mold can cause problems that are even more serious.
You have probably seen mold growing on long-forgotten food in the fridge or in the great outdoors. Mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and yeasts. It is reproduced through spores, which spread on currents of air. What causes mold growth? There are up to 300,000 types of mold in the world, and each requires specific scenarios to thrive. However, most molds grow best in warm, damp areas with inadequate ventilation. Molds also need nutrients such as cellulose such as plant material including wood and cardboard, fabrics or even dead skin cells.